Is Your Home Making You Sick?
While you may think of your well-insulated home as a good thing for protecting your family from the elements, it may also be contributing to factors which could make your family sick. As you open doors and windows to the outside, millions of airborne particles enter your home. These particles, ranging from allergens and chemicals to bacteria and viruses, become trapped in your home with nowhere to escape. As a result, this contaminated air is continually recirculated through your air vents leaving you and your loved ones exposed.
Well-insulated homes are also more likely to foster humid environments which can cause air quality problems of their own, allowing airborne particles to live longer in ideal conditions—not to mention the growth of suspicious substances and other microbial particles. This can lead to severe allergic reactions and sickness for your family, and are especially unhealthy for those who suffer from asthma.
Using UVC Technology
With our years of experience in indoor air quality solutions, we have determined that the best way to remove suspicious substances from the HVAC system is with Ultraviolet (UV) light. UV light is measured on a broad spectrum, with that along the “C” band (UVC) being considered appropriate for germicidal applications. Its successful use in killing germs in hospitals and laboratories has now been applied for home use.
When installed into your heating and cooling system, the energy from the UVC light suppresses the germ’s DNA, preventing it from spreading, or killing it altogether. This technology is recommended to those who find suspicious substances growing within their air conditioning system, and works to effectively remove suspicious substances buildup on the system’s coils.
Choosing an Air Filter
Filter the air to protect your family. Chances are that your home’s heating and cooling system uses a basic air filter, which was recommended for your system type. While these filters are good for catching certain particles and preventing them from clogging the equipment itself, they do little in the way of protecting your family from harmful airborne irritants. Today there are a number of specialized filters which are designed to capture these irritants including allergens, bacteria, and viruses. These filters capture the particles and prevent them from being circulated into the ventilation system of your home when your air conditioning is in use. We have a number of filter options, including washable and reusable ones, and even those which are used to sanitize the air in hospital operating rooms.
Investing in an Air Scrubber
What it has been proven to do:
- Been proven to destroy up to 99.9% of all surface Bacteria, Viruses and Germs it has been tested on.
It also has been proven to destroy E. Coli, MRSA Superbug, Staph, Strep, Black mold, Avian Bird Flu H5N8.
- Can reduce approximately 90% of Airborne Micro Organisms.
- Designed to help eliminate indoor air odors such as reducing pet odors, cooking odors, air pollutants, VOC’s (chemical odors), smoke, mold, bacteria and viruses.
- Cleans while you sleep as long as the thermostat in the fan position.
Is Mason’s ActivTek Air Scrubber right for you and your family?
- Does in anyone in your family or office have breathing challenges?
- Do you ever smell pet odors in your home?
- Do you ever smell cooking odors or musty odors?
- Do you have cigarette smokers or smoke odors in your home or office?
- Would you like to reduce approximately 90% of airborne bacteria, viruses and germs?
- Would you like to reduce up to 99.9% of bacteria, viruses, and germs such as Staph, MRSA Superbug, E. Coli, Strep and Mold on surfaces?